9.14.2012

Leaders of the PACK: Getting to Know Jeff Breese


Here's today's interview with Director of Operations Jeff Breese:

Q: What made you decide to be a college wrestling coach?
A: I have always had a passion for coaching and wrestling.  I think I inherit that from my Dad.  I have had other jobs, but nothing has compared to college coaching.

Q: What is your favorite style of wrestling to coach? Why?
A: Freestyle is fun to coach, but folkstyle is still my favorite.  I really enjoy teaching guys the details of mat wrestling.

Q: What is your most memorable moment as a coach?
A: Every season brings a new favorite moment when I see one of my athletes achieve a goal he set for himself.  It is hard to say one stands out more than another.  Last season, watching my 141-pounder break through and avenge a loss to make the NCAA Tournament was a highlight.

Q: When did you start wrestling as a kid and who pushed you the most throughout your career?
A: I started wrestling at age 5.  The coaches who mushed me the most were my Dad & my club coach Jerry Seaman.

Q: What is your favorite wrestling movie?
A: I am not sure I have a favorite, but I did enjoy Win Win.  Probably the best acting of any wrestling movie I have seen.

Q: Who is your favorite professional sports team:
A: Pittsburgh Penguins. I am a big hockey fan.

Q: What is your favorite TV Show?
A: Seinfeld is my go-to show.  However, USA Network has a few series that I'm pretty hooked on right now.

Q: What is the last book you've read?
A: We're with Nobody - It is a series of true stories about two journalist turned political informants that dig up dirt on political candidates.

Q: What is your favorite food?
A: Ice cream

Q: What is your favorite Raleigh-area restaurant so far?
A: Kabuki in Cary - a great Japanese steakhouse & sushi bar.

To view Jeff Breese's official GoPack biography, click here.

Volunteer Assistant Noel Loban will be featured on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment